Dear Walter,

you wrote:
> The Daphnae being referred to is called Tahpanhes by Jeremiah (Jer 43:8).
> It was situated on the eastern border of Egypt and protected the eastern
> approaches to Egypt.

The Flinders Petrie conundrum, I see. Thanks. But unfortunately, the real
personalities of the 26th are the 19th Dynasty kings and the pseudonyms
become reduced to personalities which were officials, not kings, during -
Persian times!
It is as if historians regard this as a 'do-not-touch' era of history.

It would take rougly a month to check Wallis-Budge, Gardiner, Breasted,
Clayton, Brunner and Hornung. Tom Simms, where are you? Help! Here comes the
real big puzzle!

                ~`´~
              ( o o )
-oOOO--------OOOo---
       oooO      Tot ziens,
         (   )   Oooo  Dierk
                 (_/

For private reply, e-mail to "Dierk van den Berg" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>