Thanks for the responses.
    Dwight, it is interesting that although the Prayer of Manasseh was found
at Qumran, it contains no sectarian language, while the Martyrdom of Isaiah,
absent at Qumran, does (mainly in its demonology).  Hence my curiousity
whether we see the general idea of slain prophets at Qumran (which is e.g.
picked up in the NT).  There are slight parallels with the attempts on the
life of the TR.  Additionally, the slain lamb (probably Onias III) that had
been crying out to the blind sheep in the Animal Apocalypse in 1 Enoch
appears to be a slain prophet, and fragments of AA was found at Qumran.  But
I was hoping for something a little more unambiguous.
    There is an interesting discussion of Manasseh in G. Doudna's newly
published book, _4Q Pesher Nahum:  A Critical Edition_ (Sheffield Academic
Press, 2001).  He argues that the figure of Manasseh in 4QpNah iv was drawn
from King Manasseh, convincingly IMO.  I would note that in this column,
Manasseh's "kingdom" falls and Manasseh and his wives and sons go into
captivity, much as in the Martyrdom of Isaiah, where Manasseh is predicted to
go into captivity, but there is no repentance as in Chronicles / Prayer of
Manasseh.

Best regards,
Russell Gmirkin

>  The only reference to King Manasseh, at a glance, is 4Q351 (Apocryphal
>  Psalms), the Prayer of Manasseh, after his repentance. All other refs to
>  Manasseh in the scrolls appear to be related to the tribe of Manasseh.
There
>  is no relation of Manasseh to Isaiah at all. It would seem the positive
view
>  of Manasseh, as in Chronicles, prevails.
>
>  Dwight Swanson
For private reply, e-mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED]