> Regarding Shamash (the sun) in Jewish cult,
>
> Lupia and Horowitz properly pointed out evidences that
> I couldn`t place better.
>
> I guess that many would find horrified at the
> possibilities that the "Amen" we still use in prayers
> and "Adon" (the Lord) could come from Egyptian
> "Amen-Ra" and "Athon" of Amarna (Akhet.Athon), but the
> possibility is real.
>
> Honest and frank facing of fact is always needed in
> science.

Agreed.  But "could" and "might" and "may" hardly constitute "fact."
Too often critics take a flying leap from "this could be" to "this is."
This is not science.
Dave Washburn
http://www.nyx.net/~dwashbur
You know you're a lousy artist when you can't
draw a straight line on an Etch-a-Sketch.

For private reply, e-mail to "Dave Washburn" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>