Herb,

It's not clear to me you are looking at the right footnote or footnotes.
Do you have the JAMES THE BROTHER OF JESUS book?
And if you do, can you cite the footnote that Eisenman quotes
in support of the marriage into the lineage of the High Priest?

The footnotes were about "marriage" not about their access
to the various parts of the temple.  I think the Jeremiah text
is more than sufficient to establish that we are talking about
"levitical" or "priestly" service here.... rather than "metal working".
So I'm not looking for Talmud references that are silent on
the marriage into the priestly lineage.

George

For private reply, e-mail to George Brooks <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>