I'm sorry to see the Orion discussion list go, and would like to express
my thanks to all who began and have maintained it over the years.  Its
departure will leave a void.  While it may not have been very active
recently, it has in the past been a place where, at least on occasion,
one could get a response from first-rank scholars.  Is it possible that
the decision could be reconsidered?  At least it would be helpful if the
Orion Center could share with the members of the list what went into the
decision to discontinue the discussion list, and what the plans for the
Orion Center are at present.  Will the Center continue to maintain
bibliographies, for example?  Can some thought be given to serving the
need for information of those scholars who cannot come to Hebrew
University to participate more directly in the programs of the Center?

Best wishes,

David Suter
Saint Martin's College

For private reply, e-mail to "David Suter" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>