At 07:50 PM 12/16/02 -0800, you wrote:
I'm sorry to see the Orion discussion list go, and would like to express
my thanks to all who began and have maintained it over the years.  Its
departure will leave a void.  While it may not have been very active
I would also like to add my agreement here. I am sorry for this. While I am not a 'scholar', but a layman who has studied the scrolls in the original as part of an interest in Judaism of the late second temple period, I will miss much of the information that I have found here. We all come from different backgrounds, and that makes us approach what we read in different manners. This is very good, in that it helps to get a fuller picture of the issues. However, I have seen, unfortunately, that some people come to scholarly lists with an agenda, and try to claim it is just a difference in perspective. This has caused many of the scholarly lists on the Internet to lose any value, to either the scholars who had been involved or those who wish to interact with scholars for serious reasons. The choice then is to either close the list, or place it under heavy moderation.

For private reply, e-mail to Moshe Shulman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>