On Thu, 2010-03-04 at 23:49 +0000, Lukas Zeller wrote:
> On Mar 4, 2010, at 18:49 , Patrick Ohly wrote:
>
> > On Fri, 2010-02-26 at 15:05 +0000, Patrick Ohly wrote:
> However, while tracking through the code I found that indeed in the
> server, the case of a client sending duplicate <Add>s was not handled
> at all. So even with <resumesupport> a repeated add from the client
> IMHO would have created a duplicate in the server DB.
> As most clients always send <Replace> (including libsynthesis not so
> long ago), this case did not surface.
>
> I now added a check for that in 3e687ddfca (server engine: added
> missing check for re-sent <Add> during resume.)

Then my testing wasn't all in vain, even though it doesn't seem to be
100% reliable - see below.

I'll continue testing with your patch included.

> ...and <resumesupport> is irrelevant (so what I said in the previous
> message is not entirely correct - old plugins will AUTOMATICALLY
> disable resume; <resumesupport> is only relevant for SQL backends).
>
> So it's even stranger that enabling <resumesupport> should have made
> the tests to pass now. ???

I also enable blob support, but that shouldn't be relevant for these
tests. But I might have been wrong about it working: rerunning it shows
that the results are not always reproducable. I need to look into that.

--
Best Regards, Patrick Ohly

on behalf of Intel on this matter.