Hello Patrick,

thanks a lot for implementing this!

I just reviewed the changes and found no objections. So I updated our git
master and luz branches with it.

I'm now in the process of merging some updates on our side and will push them
onto luz in the next hour or so (but leave master at its current position for
now).

Best Regards,

Lukas

On Sep 3, 2010, at 18:08 , Patrick Ohly wrote:

> On Thu, 2010-09-02 at 11:48 +0200, Patrick Ohly wrote:
>> Now I would go one step further and suppress generating this parameter
>> for a peer, after identifying the peer. I thought that this should be
>> possible with the remoterule config option, but <parameter> doesn't
>> support that according to the documentation. BTW, the config parser
>> doesn't complain when it is specified, it just doesn't do anything.
>>
>> Is adding support for it a good idea? The semantic would be "during
>> parsing and generating, ignore parameter unless no remoterule set or
>> rule is active". I'm a bit uncertain whether this should apply during
>> parsing *and* generating, because parsing something that was sent to us
>> shouldn't do any harm. But it wouldn't be consistent.
>
> I've implemented this and verified that it does what we need by adapting
> SyncEvolution.
>
> Attached are the patches, also pushed to meego.gitorious.org in the
> parameter-rule branch. Does that look acceptable? I'd prefer to use them
> in SyncEvolution 1.1 only after a review by Synthesis.
>
>> MAKETEXTWITHPROFILE(... "EVOLUTION")
>>
>> Except that the last step doesn't work yet either. Would it make sense
>> to extend TMimeDirProfileHandler::setRemoteRule() such that setting a
>> rule also sets all included rules?
>
> This is what I implemented. It has the advantage that the choice about
> full recursion can be made differently in different situations.
>
> --
> Best Regards, Patrick Ohly
>
> The content of this message is my personal opinion only and although
> I am an employee of Intel, the statements I make here in no way
> represent Intel's position on the issue, nor am I authorized to speak
> on behalf of Intel on this matter.
>
> <0001-MIME-Profile-added-parameter-rule-something.patch><0002-MIME-Profile-check-parameter-rule-something-when-gen.patch><0003-MIME-Profile-check-parameter-rule-something-when-par.patch><0004-MIME-Profile-setting-one-rule-also-activates-all-inc.patch>_______________________________________________
> os-libsynthesis mailing list
> os-libsynthesis@synthesis.ch

Lukas Zeller (l...@synthesis.ch)
-
Synthesis AG, SyncML Solutions  & Sustainable Software Concepts
i...@synthesis.ch, http://www.synthesis.ch