On Sun, Oct 18, 2009 at 9:10 PM, Raja Iskandar Shah
<rajaiskand...@gmail.com> wrote:
> in your opinion should companies that provide free web services like google
> apps or facebook have a moral obligation to release their codes ?

i remember this question being asked in the earlier days of the
interwebs, and if my memory serves me right, strictly speaking, no
rights are applicable for software that runs on other machines.

of course, that was in the CGI days. these days, there is no clear
distinction/demarcation of what runs locally and what runs remotely on
the interwebs, and as such, this position may have changed.

it's worth asking this question (and the other questions mentioned in
this thread)  :)

ditesh