there are rolap and molap besides the generic olap . rolap handles larger
transactions volumes but molap is faster.

at the moment, adempiere uses postgresql / oracle / mysql as the database.
the dimension is only a concept that it uses but the data is still in a sql
database. there are probably lots more tweaks to be done at the database
layer so that it handles the concept of dimension better.

1000+ concurrent users ? that is huge. would make for an awesome project to
build a massive multiuser online enterprise framework that handles 1 million
concurrent users.

from an accounting / operation user point of view - the first thing that
needs to be overhauled in adempiere is standardisation to master-child and
grids.