Yup, sure.

The spokespersons :-

•         Mohd Fazli Azran of the Open Source Developers Club
•         Professor Dr. Md Gapar, Vice President, Faculty of Info
Science & Engineering, Management & Science University
•         Dr. Albert Wong, Chief Technology Officer, Jobstreet Malaysia
•         Alan Ho, Senior Manager, Services Marketing, Red Hat APAC

Media :-
1.       PC.com
2.       Berita Harian
3.       New Straits Times
4.       Harian Metro

The objective of the media interview:-
•         Establish the importance and need for IT graduates and
professionals to enhance their skill sets in open source, cloud
computing and virtualisation to move towards a high-income economy.
•         Identify value added benefits to IT graduates and
professionals as well as trends amongst IT employers.
•         Identify available certification programmes which provide
local graduates with opportunities to expand their skill sets and
talents worldwide.
•         Announce the formation of the Open Source Developers
Community and its goals to ensure the healthy, sustainable and
accredited growth of open source skill sets and professionals in
Malaysia.

Fazli Azran explained on OSDC.my, recent activities and what’s
OSDC.my’s planning. There is an urgent need to increase the number of
accredited open source professionals in the industry to meet growing
demands. The establishment of the Open Source Development Community
serves to ensure that the quality of open source professionals is not
compromised by establishing set standards which are agreed upon by
acadamia, industry players as well as the open source community
itself.

Prof Gapar elaboration on the concept of open source and what are the
benefits of it. There is a high demand in OSS. MSU’s OSS
implementation in their education syllabus.

Dr Albert explains more on the supply and demand in OSS. Reseach by
Jobstreet indicates that there is a definite increase in demand
amongst employers for graduates and professionals who have undergone
specific technical skills training in open source, virtualization and
cloud computing, which marks an important shift in human capital
demand in the IT industry. Dr Albert also mention Jobstreet as a case
study where Jobstreet also use Open Source Technology.

Alan Ho explains on Red Hat’s involvement in the OSS community.
Technical skills like IT training and certification add value to the
marketability of IT graduates and professionals alike. The needs of
small and medium company, large company etc. Virtualization and cloud.

Well, this is just a part of the discussion. Will spare some time to
update more.

Regards,
Yun