Dear Robert,

we had a discussion abbout DCMTK related changes in the CMake system some
month ago. I wrote I will come back to it as soon as possbible. Today is
"soon" ;)

For the new 3rdParty package, I modified the DCMTK plugin and the (CMake
side) to differentiate between release and debug libraries because VS2017
prohibits linking mixed runtimes.

The appended CmakeLists.txt belongs to the dicom plugin.

Additionally a minor correction in the 3rdParty Script.

Thanks for reviewing and merging,

Torben

IF  (DCMTK_FOUND)

    # note, we have to include a '/' in front of the directory string to
prevent a CMake bug from ignoring the directory
    INCLUDE_DIRECTORIES(${DCMTK_ROOT_INCLUDE_DIR})

    SET(TARGET_SRC ReaderWriterDICOM.cpp )

    LINK_LIBRARIES(optimized ${ZLIB_LIBRARY} debug ${ZLIB_LIBRARY_DEBUG} )

        # Unfortunately LINK_LIBRARIES uses the keywords optimized|debug only
for the first following lib,
        # so we need to interate through the lists and add the library one by
one using the configuration keyword
        foreach(tmplib ${DCMTK_LIBRARIES} )
                LINK_LIBRARIES(optimized ${tmplib})
        endforeach(tmplib)
        foreach(tmplib2 ${DCMTK_LIBRARIES_DEBUG} )
                LINK_LIBRARIES(debug ${tmplib2})
        endforeach(tmplib2)

    ADD_DEFINITIONS(-DUSE_DCMTK)

    IF (WIN32)
        SET(TARGET_EXTERNAL_LIBRARIES wsock32.lib ws2_32.lib)
    ENDIF()

ELSEIF(ITK_FOUND)

    INCLUDE(${ITK_USE_FILE})

    SET(TARGET_SRC ReaderWriterDICOM.cpp )

    LINK_LIBRARIES(ITKCommon ITKIO)

    ADD_DEFINITIONS(-DUSE_ITK)
    ADD_DEFINITIONS(-DVCL_CAN_STATIC_CONST_INIT_FLOAT=0)

ENDIF()

SET(TARGET_ADDED_LIBRARIES osgVolume )

IF(CMAKE_COMPILER_IS_GNUCXX)
    # Remove -pedantic flag as it barfs on ffmpeg headers
   STRING(REGEX REPLACE "-pedantic" "" CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS "${CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS}")
ENDIF()

#### end var setup  ###
SETUP_PLUGIN(dicom dicom)