On 8/2/07, Murray Curtis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> G'Day Robert

G'Midnight Murray :-)

> Robert Osfield wrote:
> FPS roughly halves - which I guess is to be expected.  I saw your
> announcement of osgViewer::Renderer a few minutes after posting :-)

Having of FPS isn't too surprising as your rendering the scene twice,
the best you can do is cull efficiently using LODs.  One could also
place games using RTT for the rear view, and only update the view on
every other frame, but this would only make the frame rate choppy...

> I'll try your osgViewer suggestion and test the alternative threading
> models. But I suspect I'll be talking to the art dept as well; I have
> little headroom on the IGs.

What is the CPU and GPU set up on the IGs?  There is chance you might
be able to use multiple CPU, GPU setup.