Can't say much about Leopard due to the NDA. But there has been public
traffic about Carbon and 64-bit. The summary is that there will be no
64-bit path for Carbon. That means GraphicsWindowCarbon will not work
and a Cocoa version of GraphicsWindow is the way to go for 64-bit.
(I've warned people that this day would come.) There is currently no
Cocoa version. You are free to write it. I did write an example called
osgviewerCocoa. Basically, the example needs to be turned inside-out
for GraphicsWindowCocoa.

This might imply certain things to you about QuickTime (and the
plugin). What's not under NDA is that QuickTimeKit (QTKit) in Tiger is
a ground up reimplementation of the QuickTime SDK which looks a heck
of a lot more 64-bit (and also endian) clean than the old QuickTime
SDK.

So for now, you want to skip building the QuickTime plugin. You can
edit your CMakeLists.txt in the src/osgPlugins directory and remove
the entry that handles that plugin.

I have been privately discussing with somebody to create two new
plugins (one for QTKit, the other for ImageIO). But my employment
situation has drastically changed recently so I can't make any
promises right now.

-Eric