Luc

Thank you for answering my question about this on July 27.

> Hi Joan,

> I'm using osgManipulator with vrjuggler and it works quite well.
> You juste have to create a dummy osgGA::GUIActionAdapter en create
> osgGA::GUIEventAdapter that maps VRJuggler events.
> I recently introduce the possibility in PointerInfo to use a VR device
> instead of a mouse.
> Beware that for translations, current manipulators should do fine, but using
> > them for rotations is a bit awkward, you'll have to develop you own
> manipulators.

I actually have something working now.  I am trying to use the Trackball
Dragger and I see that it has three RotateCylinder Draggers and one
RotateSphere Draggers.  I am hampered by a lack of understanding of how the
draggers actually work and how they interact with the line segment that is
used to intersect the model.   I would like to be able to implement translate,
rotate, and scale motions based on the three mouse buttons.   The
osgmanipulator example does this in VIEW mode.  However the PickModeHandler
handler function in that example only works for PICK mode and VIEW mode seems
to be working directly in some combination of the Dragger and Viewer.   I
think that it probably works by the Viewer moving the camera.  I would
actually want it to work in my vrJuggler/osgUtil::SceneView code by having the
osgManipulator::CommandManager send its command from the dragger to the
osgManipulator::Selection and then have the osgManipulator::Selection change
its matrix.  Is this correct.  Also in the osgmanipulator example in
PickModelHandler handler a new line segment is generated and used as an
intersector only on a osgGA::GUIEventAdapter::PUSH and not on a DRAG event.  I
think that without a Viewer I have to have a new intersecting line all the way
through the mouse motion, i.e., on each DRAG event.  Is this true.  I would
really appreciate it if you would answer this email with a discussion of how
this all works and how these things all fit together, for example, does the
motion happen around the intersection points? what if the line segment
intersects the model in more than one place? etc.

Thanks very much

Joan Slottow