Hi Gianloca,

Gianluca Natale wrote:
> Hi,
> I went deeply in debug into my code, and I discovered that the problem
> is in OSG v.2.2.
> Actually it returns the object with the shortest node path among those
> in the intersection vector.
> Was it a known bug?

No, I do not consider this a bug. As a polytope has no concept
of "near" or "far" the order of the result is actually
arbitrary. Of course the method-name "getFirstIntersection"
is misleading...

To overcome this shortcoming I introduced the concept of
"ReferencePlane" to the PolytopeIntersector which probably
does what you want but my modifications did not make it
into OSG 2.2.

If you must use 2.2, you could try to take the PolytopeIntersector
from the current OSG dev Release, rename it to MyPolytopeIntersector
and use with 2.2.

> Thanks in advance
> Gianluca

Peter

--
________________________________creating IT solutions
Peter Hrenka                    science + computing ag