Hi Gordon, Paul,

This was a heartening thread as it prompted me to get back and try yet
again to get reflection mapped objects in Creator appearing that way in OSG.

I understand the modelling side of multitexturing in Creator (I hope)
but could never see the results in OSG based viewers when loaded as flt
or saved and loaded as osg/ive formats. The OSGExp project was such a
watershed in that department.

Having a read of the cow.osg sample data I see that there are
consistently missing attributes when exporting from openflight. I get
results similar to what I see in the Creator window when I add to my
destined environment/reflection map

TextureUnit[n]:

GL_TEXTURE_GEN_S ON
GL_TEXTURE_GEN_T ON

and a:

TexGen {
    DataVariance STATIC
    mode REFLECTION_MAP  //or SPHERE_MAP
}

For reference, OSGExp, when exporting a reflection mapped object,
appears to include amongst many other things (perhaps just for good
measure?):

GL_TEXTURE_GEN_S ON
GL_TEXTURE_GEN_T ON
GL_TEXTURE_GEN_R ON
GL_TEXTURE_GEN_Q ON

TexGen {
    mode SPHERE_MAP
}

Would this be an OpenFlight loader issue that is under consideration
with read/write and OpenFlight? I also notice that when writing osg
files that my texture attributes (min/mag filters) are largely ignored
and appear to be respected when writing ive files.

(Using release ver. 2.2.0)

Cheers

Garry

--