Hello Adrian,

> :-) only the first version of my kd.tree. latest i still extermly slow
> with about 700K-800K intersection test per second. there are latest
> kd-Tree ray check with more than ++ 6M rays per second. www.ompf.org
> <http://www.ompf.org> :-)

Don't take it personally, I didn't mean it's slow at 100k intersections
per second! Remember each application will be different, so you cannot
compare 100k in my program to 700-800k in yours. My program probably
does more processing between intersection tests than yours, since it
traces in a sphere at each vertex and then stores that as vertex
attributes in the Spherical Harmonics basis... Your program is just
raytracing from the viewpoint and displaying that, which is simpler...

And I recently integrated the last version of your kdtree in my
application, and it works well... If you have a newer one, you can send
it to me if you want... :-)

J-S