Hi,

> Can you please explain more precisely what you intent to do by "making
> holes" in the mesh for "hight fidelity vector models" ?
> Do you want to project a lineset ( aka vector model ) onto your mesh ?

Well... yes, but I don't seek a solution for projecting the model on terrain
surface and rasterizing it into textures.
What I would like to have is a solution which will cuts underlying terrain
mesh and removes triangles (whole or portions) below the model.

Thats usual flight simulation task. We have hight detail areas/airport
models and we want them drawn over terrain without Z-fighting. Typical
solution  is to remove portions of terrain mesh that lie under our vector
model.

I asked because I noticed that there was commented out option in OSGDEM for
vpbExtrude example so I thought that maybe something like this was already
done.

Cheers,
Wojtek Lewandowski