Hi Robert,

yes this is one of the solutions, however I am
wondering why this is not done automagically by the
removeAttribute method?

However I also found what I have also looked for. If I
just add an empty texture to the stateset
(stateset->setTextureAttribute(X, new
osg::Texture2D());
this will just bind the texture with id 0 to the unit,
which is per default always returns 0.

Thank you.

cheers,
Art

--- Robert Osfield <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> schrieb:

> HI Art,
>
> OpenGL doesn't have a concept of unbinding
> attributes, and neither
> does the OSG.  OpenGL has the concept of enabling
> and disabling via
> mode, and the OSG maps this via
> StateSet::setMode(..) and
> setTexureMode(uint unit,...);   My guess is that you
> are looking for :
>
>    statest->setTextureMode(1, GL_TEXTURE_2D,
> osg::StateAttribute::OFF);
>
> Which effectively disables the second texture unit.
>
> Robert.
>
> On Wed, Mar 5, 2008 at 12:25 PM, Art Tevs
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Hi folks,
> >
> >  just some thoughts about texture attributes (or
> all
> >  other attributes in general):
> >
> >  If we first setup a texture attribute on a
> StateSet,
> >  lets say for the texture unit 0.
> >  After some time we remove this attribute and
> assign it
> >  to texture unit 1.
> >
> >  This would end up in the texture bounded to
> texture
> >  unit 0 and 1, since there is no explicit call
> like :
> >  glActiveTexture(GL_TEXTURE0) + glBindTexture(..,
> >  unbind the texture from the unit 0.
> >

> >  Shouldn't there be a method like, unbound texture
> unit
> >  x ?
> >  Currently I do this always manually if I need it,
> >  however this can not be the solution ;-)
> >

> >  Best regards,
> >  Art

      Lesen Sie Ihre E-Mails auf dem Handy.
www.yahoo.de/go