Hello,

I am using WinXP and MSVC 8 and had a working OSG 2.2 build
running.

I downloaded the 2.4 zip and the new 3rd part zip, run
cmake,
build the default viewer applications.

Running osgviewerd with full debug I see the following
output.

FindFileInPath(e:\Models\Earth\globe.obj): returning
e:\Models\Earth\globe.obj
Reading OBJ file
itr='e:\Models\Earth'
FindFileInPath() : trying E:\Models\Earth\globe.mtl ...
FindFileInPath() : USING E:\Models\Earth\globe.mtl
--globe.mtl--
--globe.mtl--
--E:\Models\Earth\globe.mtl--
Reading MTL file
itr='E:\OSG\BUILD\bin'
FindFileInPath() : Trying
E:\OSG\BUILD\bin\osgplugins-2.4.0\osgdb_tiffd.dll ...
FileFileInPath() : USING
E:\OSG\BUILD\bin\osgplugins-2.4.0\osgdb_tiffd.dll
DynamicLibrary::failed loading
"osgPlugins-2.4.0/osgdb_tiffd.dll"
Warning: Could not find plugin to read objects from file
"e:\Models\Earth/land_ocean_ice_8192.tif"

Given that it was failing to load the dll I loaded up
'depends' and
found that the plugin was missing some dll's from the 3rd
party directory,
so I copied all the dll's from the 3rd party tools into both
my build\bin
and my buld\bin\osgplugins directory.

Still no luck reading tiff files.

Anyone have any ideas on what I should check next?