I noticed that OSG 2.2 does not properly calculate the normals of VRML files.
It seems like it points all the normals at (0, -1, 0).  This is only when the
normals are not explicitly specified in the file.  If you open a VRML file like
this in osgviewer, you can see that the coloration of the mesh is only accurate
when looking at the top of the object.  If the normals are specified in the
VRML file, then the mesh coloration looks correct in osgviewer.  I can supply
an example VRML files that demonstrate this bug, and also how to fix it.

Has this bug been fixed in version 2.4?

Thanks,
-Ben