Hi Yuen,

magnification is easier to use if you change the field of view.
this also has the advantage that your camera doesn't have to change
position, just like in the real world you don't move a telescope closer to
an object.

Peter
http://osghelp.com

On Fri, Aug 1, 2008 at 6:05 PM, Helbig, Yuen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to do magnification operations with a perspective camera lens
> by adjusting the camera's distance from the object.  Ex. Given a
> magnification factor of 3x I would multiply my current camera distance
> by 1/3.  However, the results are not what I expect, objects become much
> larger than 3 times there old screen size.  Can anyone point me towards
> a resource for better understanding the use of Perspective Cameras?
>
> Yuen

Regards,
Peter Wraae Marino

www.osghelp.com - OpenSceneGraph support site