To: "OpenSceneGraph Users" <osg-users@lists.openscenegraph.org>
Sent: Tuesday, August 12, 2008 9:07 PM
Subject: Re: [osg-users] DAE to OSG/IVE conversion problem when vertex areshared (OSG 2.4)

Hi Fabien,

I suspect there is a couple of issues here.  First up .ive doesn't
support sharing of vertex arrays, it's not a particular common need
which is probably why no one else has highlighted this requirement or
step forward to implement.  Adding won't be particularly difficult as
sharing of Nodes, Drawables and State is already supported, but it'll
require a increment of the ive version internal number/and careful
handling of backwards compatibility.  Same applies to .osg.  Feel free
to dive in and help implement it.

The other issue is that your .dae model is just 3Mb while the output
.ive is 250Mb, this screams to me that you have shared arrays in
separate geometry, whereas your model really should be setup as a
small number of geometry without shared arrays.   I haven't had a
chance to look at your model - I have a full inbox so am just skimming
right now, but I'd suggest you have a look at how many primitives are
in each geometry.

Robert.