Hi guys,
Strange bug with osgText, with the current configuration:

   std::string fontName = "../data/Vera.ttf";
   VarsEditor::instance()->get("fontPlayerName", fontName);
   osgText::Font* font = osgText::readFontFile(fontName.c_str());
   _seatNumber->setFont(font);
   _seatNumber->setCharacterSize(25);
   _seatNumber->setCharacterSizeMode(osgText::Text::SCREEN_COORDS);
   _seatNumber->setAlignment(osgText::Text::CENTER_CENTER);
   _seatNumber->setFontResolution(30,30);
   _seatNumber->setAxisAlignment(osgText::Text::SCREEN);
   std::stringstream ss;
   ss << "Seat " << data._seatNumber;
   _seatNumber->setText(ss.str());

I added a video because i don't how to explain it. A text should be display and it is not, it's a bit random, sometimes it works sometime it does not. I dump the osg tree and the osgText was in the file, then if i re read the file with osgviewer it works. I found a trick to make it display again in my application, moving the camera very near, then it appears. I don't have any idea appart accusing osgText.
I tried in SingleThreaded and the problem and it does not change.
I guess it's related to the camera position when i create the text. Because i susupect that, i tried a configuration

  std::string fontName = "../data/Vera.ttf";
   VarsEditor::instance()->get("fontPlayerName", fontName);
   osgText::Font* font = osgText::readFontFile(fontName.c_str());
   _seatNumber->setFont(font);
   _seatNumber->setCharacterSize(0.25);
//    _seatNumber->setCharacterSizeMode(osgText::Text::SCREEN_COORDS);
   _seatNumber->setAlignment(osgText::Text::CENTER_CENTER);
   _seatNumber->setFontResolution(30,30);
   _seatNumber->setAxisAlignment(osgText::Text::SCREEN);
   std::stringstream ss;
   ss << "Seat " << data._seatNumber;
   _seatNumber->setText(ss.str());

So the character size mode is now the default, and with that i cant reproduce the bug. So last information i have is when i create the text the text is behind the camera so maybe it does not help for the _seatNumber->setCharacterSizeMode(osgText::Text::SCREEN_COORDS) mode.

here the video http://www.plopbyte.net/tmp/osgText.ogg

--
+33 (0) 6 63 20 03 56  Cedric Pinson mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.plopbyte.net