Hi,

On Thursday 16 October 2008 12:38, Robert Osfield wrote:
> It sounds like the ac3d loader hasn't placed your canopy in the
> transparent bin.  I'm not the author of this loader, nor a user of
> ac3d so I can't really help on the low level details.  You'll need to
> look at the ac3d plugin to see if there if what is going on w.r.t
> binning your data, or if you want others to ptich in a help solve the
> problem you'll need to provide an example dataset that illustrates the
> problem.
Well, these objects are placed in the transparent bin by the ac3d loader.

Common problems:
* The objects are that big, that the by drawable depth sorting algorithm
cannot fix these dept ordering problems. Note that the sorting is done per
drawable and not per triangle.
* Partly transparent textures on some objects will move that object into the
transparent bin. If such objects are too huge then sorting might lead to
strange effects. Avoid textures that have any transparent pixel if you do not
need that.

If these are not the case, please provide a test case ...

Greetings

Mathias

--
Dr. Mathias Fröhlich, science + computing ag, Software Solutions
Hagellocher Weg 71-75, D-72070 Tuebingen, Germany