Hi,

On Friday 17 October 2008 14:10, Csaba Halász wrote:
> The texrep parsing change that went into the plugin about 2 weeks ago
> is against the ac3d spec, that says:
>
> *texrep %f %f
>
> Optional - default 1.0,1.0 .  The texture repeat values for the tiling
> of a texture
> on an object's surfaces."
>
> (http://www.inivis.com/ac3d/man/ac3dfileformat.html)
>
> I believe this means the default behavior should be texture repeat
> (assuming texrep 0 0 would disable repeat, which I am not sure of).
> Can we please change it or at least have an option for it? In
> flightgear a lot of models are suddenly broken because of this.
Sure.
>From Johns post - the original change requestor, I got the impression that
this the old behaviour was wrong - which is not ...

The default must do what the 'standard' says, and this should (hopefully)
match the reference default behaviour of ac3d.
If you cannot get non repeating textures with native ac3d, then we might need
an option.

With the lack of an ac3d modeller here, can you tell me how it looks like in
ac3d, when texrep is
* omitted
* set to 0 0
Is there a way to get non repeating textures in ac3d?

Greetings

Mathias

--
Dr. Mathias Fröhlich, science + computing ag, Software Solutions
Hagellocher Weg 71-75, D-72070 Tuebingen, Germany