Hi Robert,

> One way around this would be just write a custom CullVisitor that
> kicks of the database request for a given camera set up.

Just one small problem, where would I add the custom CullVisitor? Neither osgViewer::Viewer nor any of its base classes has any public methods for assigning a custom CullVisitor to the Cull traversal. This is only (as far as I can see) available in the depricated SceneView class...!?

Should I add a "void setCullVisitor (osgUtil::CullVisitor *cv)" to osgViewer::ViewerBase so that the assigned CullVisitor can be assed to there Renderer's cull() method?

Or have I just misunderstood your suggestion? Furthermore, I am not quite sure how a custom CullVisitor would to the trick, since what I want to do is to run the cull visitor but avoid rendering the the result;)

Best Regards,
John

Robert Osfield wrote:
Hi John,

I'll do a review of the submission and provide a bit more in the way
of thoughts once completed.

In terms of possible optimizations, disabling the precompile and only
doing the update, event, and cull would be probably the most efficient
way to get tiles loaded, then once the tiles are loaded do the final
render.   The awkward part of this is that the cull and draw are
closely coupled in the Viewer...

One way around this would be just write a custom CullVisitor that
kicks of the database request for a given camera set up.

believed to be clean.