Hi Brett,

On Fri, Nov 7, 2008 at 1:51 PM, brettwiesner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> If an IVE file is written out with the "noTexturesInIVEFile" option, it
> references textures using an absolute path. Is this correct?

I didn't write this bit of code so I'd have to look up the code to see
what processing it does to answer this question... off the top of my
head I'd say that it probably is what the author intended, but it's
something that might be done as a relative path by default with an
option for absolute.

> I wondered what will happen when the application is run on a different
> machine with a different directory structure. So I changed the directory
> name where the model lives (which would make the absolute path to textures
> fail) but it loaded the textures just fine. Does OSG strip the path and look
> in the directory of the IVE file first?

The OSG has a search scheme where if the file isn't first found the
list of file search paths are checked, with the original path being
stripped away.