Hi,

Robert Osfield wrote:
Hi J.P,

On Mon, Nov 10, 2008 at 6:56 AM, J.P. Delport <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
if anyone has some spare time, please execute the attached test app under
Linux. I am still unsure if our problems are related to NVidia driver, Linux
distribution, ...

I haven't had a chance to test but I will this test it this week.  In
fact I will be writing a general memory test program that will
allocate till exhaustion on a range of OSG classes that manage OpenGL,
FBO's will be among the tests.  I've had feedback that of poorer
scaling in OSG/OpenGL memory under Vista (an 8GB machine) than I'm
getting under 4GB linux box, so my guess is that we may well find
different OpenGL/OSG features scaling well on some
OS's/drivers/hardware and poorly on others, each with their own
oddities...

This would be very informative, thanks Robert. I'm still unsure whether our problem is related to FBOs/Cameras+Renderstage.

regards
jp

This message is subject to the CSIR's copyright terms and conditions, e-mail legal notice, and implemented Open Document Format (ODF) standard. The full disclaimer details can be found at http://www.csir.co.za/disclaimer.html.

This message has been scanned for viruses and dangerous content by MailScanner, and is believed to be clean. MailScanner thanks Transtec Computers for their support.