On Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 11:26 AM, David Spilling
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> The osg "Depictions" thread is here :
> http://www.mail-archive.com/[EMAIL PROTECTED]/msg10685.html

Thanks for the link links is very useful, I don't recall this thread
so perhaps I was away...  Following the thread to the post about
"Depictions":

Which if I read it right boils down to having a custom StateAttribute
that works effectively like a proxy, and has a list of Texture that it
can it can select between to choose which to apply.  It's a shame that
StateAttribute doesn't take RenderInfo as a parameter as then you can
check which view/camera you are working with based on what RenderInfo
specifies.

Still it's a very neat way of using the extensibility of the OSG's
State system ;-)

Refactoring all the StateAttributes to have an apply(RenderInfo) is
something that probably needs to be done to keep it inline with how
Drawable was generalised last year - draw(State&) was replaced with
draw(RenderInfo&).