Hi Simon,

I think your system is UBUNTU. Because I tried İstanbul deb package before
:)

 I don't think batch video creation would be easy and effectively. Because
created path by RecordCameraPathHandler is only the movement of objects on
the screen. So after you run program by using path record, rendering will be
the same amount of overloading on graphics card.

So you can use external video camera to capture application vid. I have
tried video camera way and it's most effective :)

Regards.

2008/12/18 Simon Loic <simon1l...@gmail.com>

> Hi,
>
> I apology in advance if this thread have been heavily answered before (if
> so just tell where I can find the solution). Still I would like to know the
> different alternative (the good ones) to record a video of my scene.
> So far I was using an external tool for screenCast (called istanbul). But
> I'm not satisfied by this because when my scene is very complex, my osg
> based application is lagging and this leads to a poor quality of th video.
>
> I'm especially interested if there is a way to create an
> RecordCameraPathHandler to record a path, and then instead of saving it as a
> .path file compute the video in a batch mode. By batch mode I mean that the
> creation of the video doesn't need to be real time. In that way I could
> hopefully control the lag effects and eventually the resolution of the
> video.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> --
> Loïc Simon