Hi Paul,

On Thu, Dec 18, 2008 at 6:37 PM, Paul Fotheringham <osg_u...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi Robert,
>
> Thanks for looking into this.
>
> --- On Thu, 18/12/08, Robert Osfield <robert.osfi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> <snip>
>> The core OSG library does link against the MATH_LIBRARY,
>> but the other
>> non of the other core libraries do.
>
> Apparently not on MacOSX using cmake :)

Please read what I've already written.  I've been using Cmake under
OSX as others have been as well, without problems.

> Take a look at
>
> src/osgText/CMakeFiles/osgText.dir/link.txt
>
> without the change you just made. In fact take a look at any of the link.txt
> files for each OSG library. Thay all have /usr/lib/libm.dylib in there.
>
>> I've added a entry of
>> MATH_LIBRARY into the linking of osgText.  Could you do an
>> svn update
>> and see if the error is fixed?
>
> I got the svn version and no it doesn't fix it. All it does is move the
>
> /usr/lib/libm.dylib
>
> reference on the link line to a different place!
>
>> The fact you've got errors but others under OSX
>> haven't reported this
>> (including myself) suggests that must be something else
>> going w.r.t
>> gcc/SDK's you are using on your machine.
>
> I'm sorry I haven't explained this well enough. The goal here is to *not*
> have any explicit reference to libm.dylib on the link line.
>
> The symbols reside in the SDK version of the library at
>
> /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk/usr/lib/libm.dylib
>
> and *not* necessarily at
>
> /usr/lib/libm.dylib
>
> which is what the MATH_LIBRARY is set to. This is fine for UNIX but not Mac
> as it should be the former that is used for a consistent build (if there are
> Mac developers out there who disagree please correct me - I'm new to this).
>
> By omitting the explicit reference to libm.dylib the Mac build system takes
> care of this automatically and gets the symbols from the SDK version of the
> library.
>
> Users who are not seeing this problem have all the symbols they require in
> /usr/lib/libm.dylib and are, as I understand it, lucky ;)

I'll will check what value is used on the OSX box that I was remote
compiling on.

Could you please remove the MATH_LIBRARY entry in the
src/osg/CMakeLists.txt and src/osgText/CMakeLists.txt to test your
theory about not needing it.