Yes, I know.

The problem lies in the Mail2Forum script, which can connect only one to one,
hence one forum/category to one mailinglist. Having a general mailing list
which isn't splitted up into sublists would make it difficult to find out which
messages belong into which cateogry on the forum.

One could write somekind of a filter, which checks for something like
"{osgPPU}" in the subject of a mail and then place it under the correct
category. However this would mean, that users are responsible to create a
proper subject to be sure, that message is reflected under the correct category
in the forum. Which if of course not doable ;(

The way from forum to mailing list isn't hard (just N->1), however the way back
from list to forum (1>-N) isn't solvable with the current mailing list setup, I
think.

However I could create some categories which aren't connected to the mailing
list, but this will bring us back to the lists vs forum discussion ;)

Maybe somebody has another idea how to do this?

http://osgforum.tevs.eu/viewtopic.php?p=3796#3796