Hi Ulrich,

thanks for answering too :)

Hi Davide,

> (...)
>
> That could be your problem right there...
> especially when you're using lots of textures, shaders(!) and such.

I think I'm doing something wrong or missing some important call while
setting up the application. Or more probably misinterpreting the results.
I was not using textures or shaders; the scene I was representing contains
only 20 cubes and 20 spheres.

> What kind of setups are you comparing it against?

I compared a Macbook core2Duo 2GHz, intel graphics with a dell dimension
laptop, pentium 4 2.0GHz and nvidia graphics.
What it is feeling strange to me is that there is almost no difference in
performances if I use GLUT (like in the "osgviewerGLUT" example) but a huge
difference if I use the plain osgviewer class (like in the "osgviewer"
example)

I'm setting up a very simple example to try to reproduce the problem with a
single file, I will post it tomorrow morning as soon as I can access a
windows machine

Thanks!!Davide