Hi Steven,

Maybe, i'm not clear, I want to keep the current yaw angle, and change pitch and roll by the terrain normal. So i use getRotate to find my previous yaw angle, like you Steven, i thinks thats not the solution. Maybe i need to store this yaw angle in custom data.

Hi JP i use osg 2.8 an getRotate seem to returns angle and vector.

Antonin Linares

Steven Saunderson a écrit :
Hi Antonin,

I may be getting way out of my depth here but when I saw your problem this
morning it looked very similar to a problem I had just recently.

Looking at your original post :

Antonin Linares wrote:
//get height and normal under the tank osg::Vec3f pos = lsi->getFirstIntersection()->getWorldIntersectionPoint(); osg::Vec3f normal = lsi->getFirstIntersection()->getWorldIntersectionNormal(); //Set up height pat->setPosition(pos);

All looks fine so far

Antonin Linares wrote:
//Set up alignment with terrain float rotation; osg::Vec3f origine; pat->getAtitude().getRotate(rotation, origine); if((origine*normal) != 0){ osg::Quat corect; corect.makeRotation(origine, normal);
pat->setAtitude(corect);

I don't understand why you have the getAtitude() here.  It will return a quat
and the .getRotate will convert the value into an angle and vector.  But what
quat value is it converting ?

What happens if you always calculate "corect" as you are doing and then apply
"rot" in the setAtitude call (i.e. pat->setAtitude (rot * corect) ) ?

//Set up alignment with terrain float rotation; osg::Vec3f origine (0,0,1); osg::Quat corect; corect.makeRotation(origine, normal);
// I'm not sure where you get rotation from ??????

osg::Quat rot(rotation, origine); pat->setAtitude(rot*corect);

I hope this helps or entices someone more knowledgeable to assist here.

-- Steven Saunderson