Hello all,

I'd like to report a build error I encountered on Windows using CMake 2.4 and default CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX. The default value for the install prefix is "C:/Program Files/OpenSceneGraph" (without the quotes). The space in the path appears to confuse CMake when generating the project file for osgDB. The problematic CMake source line is:

ADD_DEFINITIONS(-DOSG_DEFAULT_LIBRARY_PATH=${CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX}/lib${LIB_POSTFIX}/${OSG_PLUGINS})

CMake splits this line at the space, creating an output line of "-DOSG_DEFAULT_LIBRARY_PATH=C:/Program" plus an additional compiler option of "Files/OpenSceneGraph/lib/osgPlugins-2.8.0". The compiler tries to compile this as a file and throws an error. Putting quotes around the string for the CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX option fixes the problem.

In addition to noting this build problem, I would like to question the desirability of storing the install path in the binary. The users of my software certainly won't be installing OSG in a fixed path determined at the time I compile the software, so best case here is a useless check of a nonexistent directory. Worst case is that another build of OSG is in that directory with plugins built with incompatible compiler options, leading to a crash. I suggest removing this osg default library path or having an option to disable it (preferably with disabled being the default).

Regards,

Mark