Hi All,

I have a standalone windows application (MDI) that embeds OSG in a window,
loads an object, applies a texture, and displays the object for viewing. This
works fine. No problems at all.

I've also got a more complicated ActiveX control that does the same sort of
thing, and this works fine as a release build running on an XP platform.
However, when I move the ActiveX control to a Vista box, I get a crash in the
Release build when trying to call setTextureAttributeAndModes on the stateset
object of the drawable for my 3D object.

In an attempt to identify what's happening, I've recompiled OSG (I should say
OSG1.2, sorry) with a few protected: classifications removed so that I can look
at the values a bit easier, and step into some code. Having done this, it looks
like when the setAttribute function is eventually called from
setTextureAttributeAndModes, as soon as it executes the line

itr->second.first = attribute;

the system dies a horrible death, taking down the web browser in which the
activeX control is running. Looking at the call stack it seems to be occuring
when trying to clean up the dereferencing of the previously assigned texture
(this was assigned as part of the 3DS load operation).

I can't believe that its the OSG code as such as the standalone version runs
fine, however I was wondering whether anyone else has had a similar issue, and
if so, could you give any tips as to what might be going wrong?

Many thanks for any help.

Neil.