Thanks for the input. I'm somewhat familiar with VTP but not with libmini. I'll
poke around to get more info...

-Shayne

-----Original Message-----
From: osg-users-boun...@lists.openscenegraph.org
[mailto:osg-users-boun...@lists.openscenegraph.org] On Behalf Of Chris 'Xenon'
Hanson
Sent: Tuesday, April 14, 2009 11:16 AM
To: OpenSceneGraph Users
Subject: Re: [osg-users] terrain database popping...

Tueller, Shayne R Civ USAF AFMC 519 SMXS/MXDEC wrote:
> Just a quick question for the experts out there…
> When I’m flying through my terrain database, I’m seeing a lot of
> “popping” as the database pager brings in higher LODs of terrain. My
> question is, is there a way to minimize this popping? Is there any
> geomorphing support in the way OSG pages in the terrain? If there’s no
> geomorphing support to smooth out the LOD transitions across several
> rendering frames, that would be a nice feature to have in a future release…J

  The basic LOD/PagedLOD doesn't do any magic to conceal the transition.

  There was some work to create a FadeLOD years ago:
http://archive.netbsd.se/?ml=openscenegraph-users&a=2005-02&t=1628815

  But I'm not sure where it stands. I couldn't find FadeLOD last time I looked.

  If you want geomorphing, you should consider using a library like libmini or
VTP (which
can use libmini and supplies other nice frills too).

http://vterrain.org