From: osg-users-boun...@lists.openscenegraph.org
[mailto:osg-users-boun...@lists.openscenegraph.org] On Behalf Of Jason Daly
Sent: Thursday, April 23, 2009 5:30 PM
To: OpenSceneGraph Users
Subject: Re: [osg-users] Picking Problem PolytopeIntersector

Paul Martz wrote:
> You _can_ use a line segment for mouse click picking, but in a
> perspective view, polytope is really better suited for this task.
> Also, polytope will pick point and line primitives, while line segment
> intersection will miss them.

Unless you're dealing with points/lines, I'm failing to see why a polytope
is "really better suited for this task."  I also fail to see why accuracy
would be a problem when using line segments (unless you're trying to pick
something one or two pixels wide, which doesn't happen often in my
experience).

Can you elaborate a bit (or point me at something that explains it)?

--"J"