Hi Chuck,

Glad I can give useful and interesting information :-)

I do have one question though out of curiosity ... what dimensions
(particularly the radius) did you use to generate the skydome?  I see that you
use the radius to determine the far plane value, but didn't know what you used.
 I'm assuming that it has to be great enough to still be viewed as being far
field.

As I said in another thread, I generally place my skydome at the (x,y) of the complete scene's bounding sphere, with z = 0, and with a radius that encompasses the whole scene (so the scene's bounding sphere's radius). That's in our simulators, so we need values that work for all scenes, and that works for us.

In another application we give control over the values (it's kind of like a content creation app, so users might want to tweak them).

Hope this helps,

J-S
            • ... Doug McCorkle
            • ... Chris 'Xenon' Hanson
            • ... David Spilling
            • ... Jean-Sébastien Guay
            • ... David Spilling
            • ... Jean-Sébastien Guay
            • ... Jean-Sébastien Guay
            • ... Jean-Sébastien Guay
            • ... Jean-Sébastien Guay
            • ... Cole, Charles E. (LARC-B702)[RAYTHEON TECHNICAL SERVICES COMPANY]
            • ... Jean-Sébastien Guay
            • ... Jean-Sébastien Guay
            • ... Cole, Charles E. (LARC-B702)[RAYTHEON TECHNICAL SERVICES COMPANY]
            • ... Jean-Sébastien Guay
            • ... Jean-Sébastien Guay
          • ... David Spilling
            • ... Paul Martz