Hi again Chuck,

Thanks again.  All of my apps have been "flight sim"-like apps, so a large
radius is required.  But I do things differently.  I may try your approach and see if I
can get better performance while still keeping relevant and viewable information from
being culled.

Actually, thinking about it, it should work there too. Since the skydome is setting fragments at the far plane after all other opaque objects have been rendered, and the really large far plane value will only affect the skydome itself, no z-fighting between the skydome and anything else should occur.

Try it if you want, and let us (me :-) ) know how it goes.

J-S
            • ... Jean-Sébastien Guay
            • ... David Spilling
            • ... Jean-Sébastien Guay
            • ... Jean-Sébastien Guay
            • ... Jean-Sébastien Guay
            • ... Jean-Sébastien Guay
            • ... Cole, Charles E. (LARC-B702)[RAYTHEON TECHNICAL SERVICES COMPANY]
            • ... Jean-Sébastien Guay
            • ... Jean-Sébastien Guay
            • ... Cole, Charles E. (LARC-B702)[RAYTHEON TECHNICAL SERVICES COMPANY]
            • ... Jean-Sébastien Guay
            • ... Jean-Sébastien Guay
          • ... David Spilling
            • ... Paul Martz