2009/5/28 Xin Chen <chenxi...@hotmail.com>:
> Hi,
>
>    I'm new to OSG. I use the following code to load my model, which is
> successful.  How can I access the vertices and faces of the model? Thank you.
>
> nNode = osgDB::readNodeFile("D:/Livingroom.3DS");
>

> Thank you!
>
> Cheers,
> xinchen
>
> ------------------
> Read this topic online here:
> http://forum.openscenegraph.org/viewtopic.php?p=13087#13087

Hi Xin,

I am not a plugin user (except freetype), but I could easily say; you
need to traverse the graph starting from Node returned! I don't know
how that graph is constructed (that is, how a face is represented -
probably a geode). It could be a good start to see 3ds plugin's source
code. As far as I can see, it's relatively complicated, but may give
you a start. Did you see/debug its source code? If you haven't already
done so, compile OpenSceneGraph with debug configuration and step into
3DS plugin. To understand how it works, you may need to create a very
simple 3DS file with one quad and its normals (may be) and load it
instead of a complicated one.

Ismail