Hi,

I basically got multiple images that i want to project onto the same world
geometry.

By comparing the normal vector of the world geometry polygon and the direction
vector of the projection source i want to calculate the angle in which the
projected image 'shines' onto the polygon. This is no big deal. But here is my
problem:

I want use this angle to decide whether one of the images should be projected
onto the face. In fact i want to ensure that only the image that 'shines' most
direct onto the face will be finally visible. In addition i want to use a
fallback mechanism.
If there is only one image that projects onto the face than it should be
allowed to project onto the face although the angle might be very flat.

I found this conversion
http://www.mail-archive.com/osg-users@lists.openscenegraph.org/msg10267.html

Approach 1:

Just passing all textures and texture matrices to the shader
Problem: This requires a fixed amount of projections or the shader must be
recompiled each time the amount of projective images changes.

Approach 2:

Multipass Shading:
Render the scene with a single projective texture
Render the scene again with the next projective texture and so on.
Combine each pass with osgPPU
Problems:
1. I have no idea to do this and where to start
2. I believe it is not possible to handle the conditional projection that i
described above in this approach.

Maybe a neat solution for my problem.

Thank you!

Cheers,