Hi all,

I really appreciate all of the feedback.

Chris:

Yes, I tested osgviewer.exe in release-mode with the cow.osg model, and the
problem is always reproducible.

It seems the spinlock is occurring somewhere in the
OpenThreads::StartPrivateAction::StartThread thread, if that helps at all.

I will be doing some testing on some other systems, as Robert suggests, to see
if the problem is persistent on other systems.

So far, a Windows XP SP3 box with an 8800 GTX also seems to be suffering from
the high CPU utilization.

Regards,
Kim.