From: osg-users-boun...@lists.openscenegraph.org
[mailto:osg-users-boun...@lists.openscenegraph.org] On Behalf Of Reed
Whittington
Sent: Saturday, September 19, 2009 6:21 PM
To: osg-users@lists.openscenegraph.org
Subject: Re: [osg-users] [osgPlugins] Using Collada (osgdb_dae) Writer with
Google Earth

Hi again,

Okay, I have more information on what is happening.
Google Earth seems to like only triangles.

After the osg tessellation optimization the primitives are tristrips and
trifans.
And before optimization there are mainly polygons (n sided faces).
So I think what I am looking for is a visitor that can take the osg
PrimitiveSets and convert them to simple triangles (GL_TRIANGLES).

I find the osg optimizers tessellation look like they might be close to what
I need but I played around with the different modes and I don't get it.
I could write a visitor to do this but before I do, I wanted to know if
there is something existing that I can reuse.

Thanks for helping.

Regards,
Reed

-Reed