Hi Paul,

Once I get back from break, I'll take a look at current svn and see if it satisfies this criteria. But from your post, it sounds like if I attach a depth buffer to this Camera, then it will implicitly create a depth attachment for the resolve FBO, which is what I'm trying to avoid.

Yes, because we did not turn former policy off. But we made all the steps to make it possible to turn off. Now its just a mater of replacing 1 with 0 in FORCE_COLOR_ATTACHMENT and FORCE_DEPTH_ATTACHMENT macros. Simply change these two #defines or only FORCE_DEPTH_ATTACHMENT to 0 and recompile OSG. Now when you don't attach DEPTH_BUFFER it won't be implicitly created. Isn't it what you are looking for ?

All this is pretty easy to do in OpenGL, but the fact that OSG's Camera interface hides FBOs from the developer makes things more complex. I'd be in favor of an interface that exposes FBOs to the developer.

I agree, it would be cool if we could have more control over FBO management.

Cheers,
Wojtek