Hi Jan,

While I was at it, I started integrating the changes for getting the ocean surface height at a position. I went with a combination of Jean-Claude's and Dimitrios' code, with a few small modifications.

The only problem is I have no way of testing it (it builds, thus it works by definition, right? :-) ). Would it be possible (for either you, Dimitrios, or Jean-Claude) to make a very simple test using the oceanExample as base code, perhaps just making the Cessna from OSG-Data float on the water the way you want? Then I could test if the modifications I made work.

I really dislike committing work-in-progress code... So I'd prefer to do it that way.

Therefore the function needs to be exposed at the abstract OceanTechnique level already, not only in the FFTOceanSurface. It even makes sense - the sea surface height is likely not going to be dependent on which simulation technique you use to implement it. I have put a pure virtual function in the OceanTechnique which is then redefined in the FFTOceanSurface.

I totally agree. OceanTechnique (and thus FFTOceanSurface) already had getSurfaceHeight(), so I added this method as getSurfaceHeightAt() and added comments explaining that the former gets the average height, whereas the latter gets it at a specific position.

J-S