Chris 'Xenon' Hanson wrote:
Jean-Sébastien Guay wrote:
This doesn't really help you, but I wanted to be more detailed than just
saying "I agree".

  Thanks for th insight, everyone.

  I'm kind of an old-school C-flavor programmer, so my instinctive response is
rather
C-like. I don't like bloating people's in-memory objects, so I'd lean towards
defining a
32-bit flag member on class Node called something like
_ephemeralInternalStateFlags. This
would not be saved or restored, and the definitions of each flag bit would be
enumerated
as 1<<n enums in the Node class header.

Oh, excellent! Then you can join the debate. See: "Change to Optimizer OptimizationOptions" or (in osg-submissions) "DisplaySettings masks for implicit buffer attachments".

:-)
   -Paul