I have an object with separate component eg: a top, bottom and an outline.

I have a choice of storing a group with each component in a separate osg::Geode
but the outline points are shared by the top and bottom and I would rather not
have data duplicate. There are a lot of points because the components are
derived from a scanner.

If I store them as drawables in the same Geode, I can create a surface mesh of
just the top and bottom by having the same vertex array and different Geometry
drawables.

A couple of questions:
osg::Geometry doesn't have a nodemask - how can I control which drawables are
drawn?
If I only want to draw one component do I have to create a drawable listing the
index in the vertex array of all the points?
Or is there any easy way to say, draw points 0-n, or n-m

Thank you!
Martin